This policy sets out how Art Friends Cambridgeshire ((“us”, “we”, or “our”) looks after the personal data that you have provided to us.
Your acceptance of this policy, and our right to change it
By using our website, signing up to receive our emails and providing your information, you consent to our collection and use of the information you provide in the way(s) set out in this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If we do so, we will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time we post them. This policy was last published in March 2021.
Our contact details
You can contact us by sending an email message vis our Contact Us page.
The type of personal information we collect through the website and why we use it
We currently collect and process the following information:
- non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many people use our website, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular our pages are. This information does not tell us anything about who you are or where you live. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our website.
- personal information such as name, postal address, phone number, email address.
We use the information that you have given us in in connection with your membership and taking part in events, and activities such as newsletter requests, event bookings, feedback and donations. The information is either needed to meet your request or to enable us to provide you with requested information. You do not have to disclose any of this information to browse the website.
How we collect the personal information and the lawful basis
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- to meet your requests – such as membership, booking events, making donations, receiving emails about our events and activities, and providing information
- to administer membership, bookings, donations, or other payments
- to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is for the purposes of legitimate interest to meet the objects of Art Friends Cambridgeshire.
What we do not do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored by us on computers located in the UK. We also store information in paper files.
We place a great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our members, supporters and users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. For example, only authorised personnel are authorised to access user information and we use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial and personal information you input before it is sent to us.
While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under our control, we use reasonable efforts to try to prevent this. Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and we, therefore, cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
We keep your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy and Procedures, a copy which can be found on this website. This policy also sets out your data protection rights.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by sending an email via the Contact Us page, marked for the attention of ‘The Secretary’.