Monday, 17 July 2023 (evening; Event 2307)
Our Summer Celebration will be held at the Lee Seng Tee Hall and adjacent Gardens, Wolfson College, Cambridge CB3 9BB on Monday, 17 July 2023. It will follow a Lecture by Andrew Lacey who will speak on:
SIR CHRISTOPHER WREN AT 300!
From the Chapel of Pembroke College, Cambridge, to the Dome of St. Paul’s Cathedral, Sir Christopher Wren stamped his genius and personality upon late seventeenth-century Britain. But he was more than ‘just’ an architect: as an accomplished mathematician and founder member of the Royal Society, Wren was involved in most of the ground breaking research and discoveries of his day. This talk will reflect upon his genius, achievements and personality and his reputation over the last 300 years.
Andrew Lacey holds a doctorate for work on King Charles I, has been teaching in adult education for over thirty years, including courses on Wren, and is currently Tutor for the Continuing Education departments at both Cambridge and Oxford Universities.
We will begin the evening with the Annual General Meeting which will start at 6.00 pm. The evening will conclude with drinks and canapés.
We welcome non-members and guests, including to the AGM, although they will be asked to refrain from voting when this occurs in the course of our business.
- Start time and meeting point: 6.00 pm at the Lee Seng Tee Hall, Wolfson College, Barton Road , CB3 9BB (sat. nav. CB3 9LG)
- Parking: we may use the car park at Wolfson College
- Tickets: Members £20, non-members £25, to cover the cost of refreshments
- Payment: Members will be advised of payment arrangements by email on receipt of their application
- Deadline for Ticket Applications: Friday, 16 June 2023, 12 noon.
- Papers: Members will receive an email providing a link to the Agenda and Papers
- Location: for Wolfson College “Find Us” page, please click here; for a map of Wolfson College, please click here.
To apply for a place, or to contact the Ticket Organiser, please click here.