Wednesday 11 August 2021, (day; Event 210)
St Mary the Virgin, Wellingborough, is a thrilling experience. It is Sir Ninian Comper’s masterpiece. We meet there for coffee and an introduction by the Vicar. Lunch will be in Finedon at Bell’s Kitchen (a pub dating back to the 13th century). Then to Higham Ferrers for another magnificent church built in three stages between 1220-1430. We will be introduced to and visit several other buildings: the chantry chapel, Bede House, castle and Chichele College founded by Archbishop Henry Chichele. The college is 200 yards from the church.
- In aid of Art Friends Cambridgeshire Grant Fund
- Transport: own. Detailed instructions with ticket.
- Start time and meeting point: 10.30 am at St Mary’s, Wellingborough, NN8 1HJ
- Tickets: Members £40, non-members £45, includes morning coffee and light lunch
- Allocation date and payment: Monday, 26 July 2021, 12 noon. You will be notified whether or not your application has been successful and if so, will then be sent instructions on how to pay.
- Priority will be given to members of Art Friends Cambridgeshire
To apply for a place or to contact the Organiser, please click here.