Thursday, 9 September 2021 (morning; Event 211)
Newnham’s RIBA-award winning Dorothy Garrod Building creates a new façade and entrance to the College along Sidgwick Avenue and brings together teaching, research, conference and social space. The new gardens (the Fawcett Courtyard, the Café Courtyard and the Strachey Garden) were awarded first prize in their category in the British Association of Landscape Industries Awards 2019 and are a fitting addition to the College’s beautiful 17-acre site. On our visit we will be guided by a Senior Fellow on the Building Steering Committee, the Curator of Fine and Decorative Art Collections and the Head Gardener. We hope a member of Walters & Cohen Architects will be able to join us.
- In aid of: Art Friends Cambridgeshire Grant Fund
- Start time and meeting point: 10.00 am, Porter’s Lodge, Sidgwick Avenue, CB3 9DF. [Please note the College cannot provide parking]
- Tickets: Members £15, Non-Members £20, to include coffee and biscuits
- Allocation date and payment: Monday, 26 July 2021, 12 noon. You will be notified whether or not your application has been successful and, if so, will then be sent instructions on how to pay.
- Priority will be given to members of Art Friends Cambridgeshire.
To apply for a place, or to contact the Organiser, please click here.