Thursday, 7 July 2022, (morning visit; Event 221)
One of six buildings nominated for the 2021 RIBA Stirling prize the Cambridge Central Mosque is Europe’s first eco-friendly mosque and the first purpose-built mosque in the city. It is already establishing itself within the Mill Road community. On this guided visit which will begin in the Islamic garden we will learn how the award winning design was inspired by both Islamic and English religious traditions. The tour will include all areas of the building.
- In aid of: Art Friends Cambridgeshire Grant Fund
- Transport: own. Parking available in mosque car park underneath building (lift to ground floor)
- Start time and meeting point: 11am, Cambridge Mosque Garden, 309-313 Mill Road CB1 3DF.
- Tickets: £10 members, £12.50 non members, to include donation to mosque for tour, tea or coffee.
- Allocation date and payment: 12 noon on Monday 25 April. You will be notified whether or not your application has been successful and if so, will then be sent instructions on how to pay. (If you miss the allocation date, please still apply. We may not be fully booked, or if we are, you could go on a waiting list.)
- Priority will be given to members of Art Friends Cambridgeshire
To register your interest or to contact the Organiser, please click here.
Please note tour members are asked where possible to remove shoes in the mosque and ladies are asked to wear a head covering. Details to follow with tickets.